International Volunteer Opportunities Details
Details for New Delhi, India
December 20 - January 14
- There are an estimated 45 million blind people and 135 million visually impaired people worldwide.
- 80% of blindness is preventable or curable.
- There are 8.9 million blind people in India. 23.5% of the world's blind live in India.
- There are 11,000 ophthalmologists, which is 1 ophthalmologist per 95,414 people.
- Cataract blindness affects 5.3% of adults over the age of 50.
- 62.4% of bilateral blindness in adults over the age of 50 is due to cataract, which can be cured.