Disease Surveillance and Detection in Developing Countries Online Course
Disease surveillance is particularly critical in developing countries to detect possible outbreaks before they reach epidemic proportions. This online course discusses various disease surveillance programs, as well as how they can make an impact in the developing world.
This course is freely and publicly available. It is also part of the Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation. Enroll in the Monitoring and Evaluation Certificate Program Through Global Health University.
Table of Contents
- Module 1: Importance of Surveillance and Detection in Public Health Initiatives
- Module 2: WHO and CDC Global Surveillance Systems
- Module 3: Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Module 4: Screening and Diagnostics in Developing Countries
- Module 5: Laboratory Infrastructure
- Module 6: Syndromic Surveillance
- Module 7: Novel and Emerging Diseases Originating in Developing Countries
- Module 8: Organizations Working to Enhance Surveillance in Developing Countries