Career Opportunities at Unite For Sight
- Unite For Sight does not currently have open employment positions. We do, however, have an unpaid internship opportunity available.
Applications are not currently being accepted.
The Global Health World Fellowship provides an outstanding individual with an opportunity to engage in high impact front-line global health programs. The Global Health World Fellow works from our New Haven office that overlooks the Yale campus. In this full-time paid position, the Fellow works closely with Unite For Sight’s CEO on global health programming. This position requires a minimum commitment of at least one year.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Be a team member of one of the world's leading innovative global health organizations
- Hands-on experience in contributing to Unite For Sight’s programs (Global Health Delivery Programs and Global Impact Corps, Chapters Program, GH/Innovate - Global Health & Innovation Conference, and Global Health University)
- Apply organizational and writing skills to the development and implementation of global health initiatives
- Contribute to cutting-edge programs in development
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Comprehensive understanding of best practice public health principles
- Minimum 1-year commitment, though longer commitments are preferable
- Bachelor's degree required at start of employment, with a strong academic record in any major
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Creative mindset
- Passionate interest in global health
- Ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented work style
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Strong initiative and motivation
- International experience is a plus
- Volunteer experience with Unite For Sight is a plus
- Strong skills in statistical analysis are preferable
- Growth potential within the organization after the first year
- Beautiful office space in the heart of downtown New Haven
- Six weeks paid vacation leave, including 15 paid company holidays per year and 15 paid personal vacation days
"My Experiences as a Global Health World Fellow"
- Sarah Conway, a Unite For Sight 2010-2011 Global Health World Fellow, wrote a short narrative about her fellowship experience.
- Tara Bryant, a Unite For Sight 2009-2010 Global Health World Fellow, wrote a short narrative about her fellowship experience.
Unite For Sight accepts resumes on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the position title in the subject line. The highest quality candidates will be invited to submit a transcript, two writing samples, and three letters of recommendation on Unite For Sight's online recommendation form. After review of all application materials, select candidates will be invited for a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview at our offices in New Haven.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to reply to each applicant. All applications are considered for the position, and those selected for the next stage of the application process will be contacted by email.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
New Haven, Connecticut is a city that combines New England charm with a robust cosmopolitan life, alive with world-class architecture and memorable international cuisine. Located on Long Island Sound between New York and Boston, Greater New Haven fans out from an historic city center and harbor to scenic beaches and charming town greens. The city itself is a cornucopia of cultural riches in the performing and visual arts and outstanding educational opportunities. Established 358 years ago by English Puritans, New Haven, nicknamed the "Elm City," eventually became home to people of many nationalities and ethnic groups, including Irish, Germans, Jews, Italians, African-Americans, Latinos, and Asians. Today the city's neighborhoods, fairs, festivals, and historical societies preserve the traditions and flavors of New Haven's broad cultural heritage. —John DeStefano, Jr., Mayor, City of New Haven